I am Dr Alex Wilde, a medical writer since 2000, with a flair for scientific writing and knowledge across a broad range of therapeutic areas.
With a background in both academic medicine and health journalism, I am able to synthesise complex scientific data into audience-ready publishable material to a high standard.
Whether you need evidence-based technical reports, manuscripts or case studies for a specialist medical audience or a consumer health piece or patient information, I can deliver completed high quality projects to suit your brief.
Why work with me?
Skills and experience
- 20+ years of medical writing experience
- Dedication to evidence-based science and medicine
- Skilled and knowledgablein medical statistics
- Experienced in quantitative and qualitative scientific methodology
- Knowledge of clinical guidelines
- Published in peer-reviewed medical journals
- Peer reviewer for medical journals
- A diverse portfolio of local and international clients
- Strong professional ethics
- Friendly and reliable
- Open communication
- A passion for writing from concept to production
- Adhere to international scientific standards
- Competitive industry rates
- Loyalty discounts
- No job too small
- Bachelor of Science (Biology/Ecology) from the University of East Anglia, UK; Master of Journalism from the University of Technology, Sydney; PhD in Psychiatry from the University of New South Wales, Sydney
- Post doctoral research experience in medicine
- Advisory board member for the Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Association
- Member of local and international medical writing associations
- University of New South Wales Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence 2011. Awarded to acknowledge excellence in postdoctoral achievements.
- University of New South WalesMcConaghy Prize in Psychiatry 2008.
Awarded for excellence in postgraduate research in Psychiatry.
- National Press Club of Australia Excellence in Health Journalism Award 2005.
Awarded for a series of articles on topical issues in mental health and the voices of people with a lived experience, published in the Sydney Morning Herald Health and Science section.
- Strong advocate of public health
- When I am not writing, you will find me in the surf, the ocean and the lakes.
- I love snorkelling, paddle boarding and being in nature
- I am working towards training my clever labradoodle dog as a therapy dog to visit people in hospitals and aged care facilities as a volunteer